You should follow these rules in general:
- Use the essential keywords 3 times in your text and once in the title. Using them more often will work against you.
- Make your page or blogpost title long and telling enough to be a searchable phrase by itself.
- The ideal amount of text is about 160 words, or between 100 and about 220 words.
- In addition, your content should change frequently; this makes a blog a good marketing tool.
- The more links you put in, the more Google will love you
If you want to add meta tags you will need to install an SEO pack to your blog. My home blog uses WordPress, and I have a plugin called "All In One SEO Pack 1.5.7"
My (brand new) marketing page, entitled "Englischlernen mit Anne Hodgson"( , contains the following meta text:
- "description" = "Anne Hodgson bietet Ihnen Business Englischtraining mit Spaß, Niveau und aktuellem Praxisbezug im Blended Learning Paket. Und bloggen Sie auf Englisch mit."
- "keywords" = "englischlernen, online, business english, blog, praxis"
I don't know how this works for a blog using Blogger, such as this one. Do any of you readers use an SEO plugin for Blogger? Is there one? Your tips and advice would be very welcome.
Also, since (as I said above) I am a newcomer to web marketing using SEO, if you have any tricks to share I'd appreciate your insight.
Thank you very much to Shelly Terrell for suggesting this topic!