Friday 19 June 2009

Organizing your reading list


I follow a lot of blogs written by EFL teachers, people in the media and political movers and shakers I find interesting. The easiest way to organize this reading list is Google Reader (http://www.google.de/reader). It lists the blogs in alphabetical order, shows you which posts have been updated since you last looked and allows you to read the posts in the reader window without actually surfing over to the site, then marking it as read. You can also scroll all the way through the Google Reader listing chronologically in a matter of seconds to find an old entry. I find it a very neat and quick solution. I used to subscribe to blog feeds through my web browser, but it slowed my browser down significantly every time the browser went off to look for feed updates. Using Google Reader keeps the updating process separate from your other online activities.



Take the Google Reader tour in English here.

No comments: