- "Traditionalists (Born between 1920 - 1945). They are also called the Silent Generation, the War Baby Generation, or the WWII Veteran Generation.
- Baby Boomers (Born between 1946–1964). They are also called the "Me" Generation because their Traditionalist parents wanted to give them a good life.
- Generation X (Born between 1965–1980). This generation is the children of both Traditionalists and Baby Boomers.
- Millennials (Born between 1981–2000). They are also called Generation Y, Generation ME, Generation WE, or Nexters."
I recognize myself as a typical GenXer:
- "the first high technology generation"
- "independent. Will work in teams when absolutely necessary, but would prefer to work alone"
- "Like to use technology as a means for access and sharing information."
- "Entrepreneurial – Prefer to build portable skills. ... Prefer solving problems on their own."
- "Informal Learners - Prefer to be engaged in their learning, instead of being passive recipients. Dislike structured environments."
Baby Boomers tend to be
- "Team Oriented - Embraces a team based approach to everything"
- "Competitive - Value peer competition"
Millenials tend to be
- "Collaborative - Team players with a capital T."
- "Structure Driven - Prefer structure in the classroom and are accustomed to following rules."
Thank you to Neal Davis.